Sunday, May 10, 2015

Staying back is staying back

I always thought giving a fight is good and arbitrage was something which dies out pretty soon and not something worth going for. Recently I've begin to question my old kind of beliefs. Working hard can be good but it can be pretty unnecessary and uneconomic. The context I am talking about here is working in India.

The quality of life, the issue one has to deal with and long term career and infrastructure progression in India is not up to global standards for sure. Dollar pay still beats most of the good jobs here and lets accept the fact India is mostly an offshore destination and there is never the same kind of recognition you get being in offshore. So looking back after 7 years of passing out of IIT one of the things that I would have definitely done differently was to get out this country, get a foreign degree and skip the pain of going through the rigors here.

It still baffles me in such an interconnected world which is moving so fast, why India is still uneconomic and a low return per unit stress destination to work in. Add to it earning in Rupees does not make you good enough to spend internationally with ease. So when I look around people from down south being transported to USA I feel I too should have joined the bandwagon.

Being international is much more important probably than to be in tier-I college if we are analyzing the quality of life. So all those who have just got out - go out and lose the inhibitions before its too late. 

2 comments:

D said...

I'm looking forward to fortunately graduate soon and I'm glad to know your perspective after working for 7 years.

However, staying back may not be as bad as you may think as I think India's gradually progressing due to such skilled people staying back. Also, you may feel ready to move out now and explore foreign opportunities but moving out for freshers isn't always the best thing to do as I think it requires a level of maturity and sense of direction to be beneficial. I think there are also people who do move out, study abroad only to return home with a firm resolve to stay at home only. :)

Keep writing more!

sanozzz said...

You so echo my feelings dude!!!

Laptop